Friday, February 28, 2014

Big News

Morale is back where it needs to be. I got a new job. I'm really excited about it. I'll be making more per hour, more commission, it'll be good. I'll talk more about it later.

Weight Watchers has been rough for me (don't ask me why, but a website telling me I can only have 30 points per day is like saying, "Please binge eat." There have been 45-50 point days. Oops.). But I'm getting into the groove now nicely. It's been 3.5 weeks and I think I've lost maybe 5 lbs. Which isn't stellar... but whatever. It's better than gaining.

Also, my grandmother just had surgery to remove the top lobe of her lung on Monday, and she's going back to a rehabilitation facility for the next few weeks (or possibly months?). She really loves it at this place, she's been there before... and I'm so scared she'll go into a depression again when she has to leave like she did the last time. She's 88 years old, and this was major surgery. She had a spot of cancer on her lung and that scares the crap out of all of us.

I'm taking the boys up to see her this afternoon (she got settled in around noon today, so it should be fine granted she's not all tuckered out). They haven't seen her in a month or two, my poor boys. They love their Mema.

Anyway, I'll be back in a few days to talk about how my first day went at the new job, talk about what happened at my old job when I told them, etc.

6 comments:

  1. yay! new job :) Sounds like things have been hectic busy though... can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It sounds exciting... don't ask me about WW. I totally blew it. It was the same binge cycle that I had when someone was telling me exactly what I could or couldn't eat... oy. I'm better just tracking points.

    ReplyDelete